Here are some questions we can help you with when looking for a barcode solution.
• What data do you want to capture?
• What will you do with the data after you collect it?
• Are you printing your own labels or using pre-existing ones?
• How sturdy do your barcode readers need to be? Is this for industrial use, warehousing, retail, etc.?
• How do you want to capture the data? Mobile, stationary, wireless units?
• From what distance will you be scanning the barcode? What density is the barcode you want to read?
• Will pre-packaged software meet your needs, or do you need a custom solution?
• Do you just need software for the reader, or do you use terminal emulation?
• Will your host system have to interact with the barcode scanners directly or indirectly?